Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Calm Before the Storm: Chapter 29.


Previously:

Luciana smiled: "you are very lucky Mosab! She is beautiful!"

Musaab laughed: "she is the lucky one"

Me: "agoul kl zg bs" I laughed,

Musaab: "haw, twkleen rjlk tbn?"

Me: "ana adri 3nk, tkfa gouli m76'ou6'a bwsho? Ella mgrouda" we were both joking,

Musaab laughed: "Allah ysam7k"

Luciana: "talk in English so I can understand! I feel so stupid!"

We talked with Luciana for 10 more minutes then excused ourselves to leave,

Musaab: "tdreen ena 3ndhom salmon burger ys6l?

Me: "9dg? Ybeelna nji njrba byoum ajal"

Musaab: "eeh lazm!"


We woke up the next morning at around 9 AM, I started getting ready since Musaab and I were going out for brunch. Once I was done, I grabbed my clutch and waited for him in the lobby to come from his apartment,

Musaab: "7ubi"

Me: "hmm"

I was busy texting Esraa,

Musaab: "9aba7 el5eer" he smiled,

Me: “9aba7 elnour 7ayati” I smiled back,

Musaab: "yallah?"

I locked my phone and got up to leave with him. He held my hand and we both left.

We first stopped at Urth Cafe, it was around 11:30 AM at the time. We only got drinks since we were going to CUT, or at least, I was planning to ask him to take me to CUT. I was craving their steak!

As soon as we left Urth, a girl approached and stopped us. Musaab immediately held one of my hands so tight and squeezed it, and I loved that he did that.

Girl: "Musaab mu mnjdk! Km mara dgait 3leek ams w ma trd 3lay? A7tajk 6'rouri!"

I raised an eyebrow and looked at the girl who completely ignored my existence. She looked very familiar,

Musaab: “Maha, gltlk etha tbeen shay 7akeeni WhatsApp bl group bs, gayl lk mn gbl" he sounded serious,

Maha: "eeh bs 93b we discuss this b WhatsApp, lazm over the phone!"

Musaab sighed: "wsh tbeen?"

Maha: "Dr. Roger ma gbl my research! Lw sm7t Musaab gli wsh swait! Ho gali enna feeh 6lab ktheer swouh zeen, w ana mu 3arfa shloun aktba! Dr. Roger y7bk you're his favorite student, akeed ent mn elli swouh zeen!"

Musaab: "eeh 3adi kan glteeli b WhatsApp w rslt lk el research email. A6'n wa6'7 eni al7een mnb fa6'i, w mub l7ali b3d"

The girl looked at me from head to toe then gasped,

Maha: "enti Judy!?"

She. Was. Disgusting. Me. 

Me: "sorry ma 3rftk?"

Maha: "ana Maha AlX, shd3wa ma 3rfteeni?" she laughed,

Her name sounded so familiar and I kind of remembered I heard her name before,

Maha: "shftk bjam3t AlX bl ejaza!"

Me: "aha, eeh 3rftk"

I lied, but I mean I kind of recognized her, I know that I know her,

Maha: "shloun t3rfeen Musaab?"

Me: "Musaab 56-"

Musaab: "bnt 3mti" he quickly interrupted me,

Seriously?

Maha: "oh, 6yb Musaab Allah y3afeek tsa3dni?"

Me: "Musaab atn6'rk bl sayara, 36eeni elmfta7"

I let go of his hands,

Musaab: "al7een jay m3ak"

Me: "36eeni lw sm7t"

He handed me the keys and I left them both alone and hopped in his car,

About 2 minutes later, Musaab came,

Musaab: "glbi"

I ignored him,

Musaab: "Judy?"

I closed my eyes,

Musaab: "bsmallah shfeek?"

Me: "Musaab lw sm7t eskt shway!"

Musaab: "ma abeeha tdri enk 56eebti, ma arta7 lha, w 3shan-"

Me: "6yb eskt shway, ana a3rf hl bnt w abi a7awl at4krha!"

 He was about to say something but then paused,

Me: "tgrbli!"

Musaab: "tgrb lk?! Mn mta AlX y9eroun lkum?"

Me: "ar7am 5alat abouy, hathi mn banat’hum!"

Musaab: "5alat abouk ma54een AlX?"

Me: "Musaab lw sm7t rj3ni elhotel"

Musaab: "wsho?"

Me: "mali 5lg a6l3, tkfa" I didn't look at him,

Musaab: "wsh tsween bl hotel? Judy 7na 6al3een nt3'ada"

Me: "eeh bs ma 3ad li 5lg"

Musaab: "Judy shd3wa"

Me: "Musaab wallah mali 5lg a7ki"

Musaab: "taraha bs m3ay bl jam3a, w 3ndna group b WhatsApp, ma r7 ak4b 3leek w agoulk enna ma gd 7kaina private, bs etha wdk tshofeen elchat shoufeeh, kla 3n eldrasa w he tnshb w ts2lni 3n el assignments w el projects"

Me: "Musaab, Maha tdri enna m56obeen"

Musaab: "la ma tdri"

Me: "mu jalsa as2l, jalsa a36i 5br"

Musaab: "wsh draha?"

Me: "abouy ams rsl bgroup 3nda b WhatsApp feeh 3yal el3aila klhom, w e5t’ha ams b Path tbark li"

Musaab: "eeh?"

Me: "y3ni akeed Maha tdri! Ya sheenha wallah el36'eem eni ma bl3t'ha mn awl youm shft'ha feeh bbait jdi, w tjls tswi 3'bya 3la rasi w he mn zman ts2lni 3nk! Gal shloun t3rfeen Musaab! 8sm bellah mree6'a!"

Musaab: "ts2lk 3ni?" he laughed,

Me: "eeh l2nha bzr, mn w 7na bl mtws6 tgouli Judy enti Musaab wld 5alk km 3umra w tjls ttmeel7 3nd umi 3la asas cute! 3'theetha!"

Throwback:

July 5th, 2012

Maha: "Judy!"

Me: "ahlan Maha"

She sat next to me,

Maha: "tdreen eni ams shft Musaab wld 5alk!"

Me: "9dg? Ween shfteeh?"

Maha: "shfta m3 a5ouk Faisal kan jay yslm 3la jdi w yt7md la bl slama! 3ad ma gdrt ma as2l Faisal 3na, ys6l mashallah"

I laughed: "eeh 7ta 9deegati ygoloun"

Maha: "w enti, keef tshofeena?"

I laughed: "haw, wsh elli keef ashoufa? Musaab nfs a5ouy, rabeen m3 b36'!"

Maha: "u-uhh zeen, ho km 3umra?"

Me: "ho akbar mni bthlath sanawat, al7een thani thanawi, y3ni I am assuming 17"

Maha: "aha 7lu, 3ndk Instagram 7aga?" she smiled evilly,

Me: "eeh, bs ma adri- ma a6’n 3adi 3nda eni a36eek!"

Maha laughed: "la 3adi, w b3deen ana bs bshouf his pictures ma bsawi shay!" she winked,

Me: "u-uhh okay, esma Musaab_Alx"

I had no idea what I was doing. I was only 13-14 by the time, and still wasn’t into the life of talking to guys and shit. I mean, I already knew some girls in my school who talked to guys and even went out with them, but I was just too shy to talk to any. The only guys that I talked to by the time were my cousins. It shocked me that Maha showed her feelings toward Musaab confidently, it really did. 

End of Flashback.

Musaab: "3ad b thani thanawi knt shain, mnjdha 5aga 3lay?" Musaab laughed,

Me: "la t6'7k l2n 9dg ma y6'7k!"

Musaab: "6yb wsh g9dha b enha shaftk bljam3a bl ejaza?"

I tried to remember, then face palmed.

Me: "he elli jlst tgouli a76lk F w madri wsho! 8sm bellah ma 3rft'ha, wjhha mn 3'eer makeup ykbrha 5 sneen! Madri wsh jabha a9ln w he 6alba hna!

Musaab: "abouha mudeer bljam3a, w he mtrb3a hnak 24/7 kl ma rj3t el Riyadh, w abshrk daym t'hay6 3ndna en abouha 9a7b eljam3a, w ho bs mudeer 3la gsm wa7d feeha"

Me: "b3d?! Shft youm agoulk 3'theetha!"

Musaab laughed,

Me: "lw sm7t la t36eeha wjh, tkfa Musaab wallah az3l 3leek la trd 3leeha abd!"

Musaab: "m3ay b class, 3'9bn 3lay"

Me: "elbnt mu3jba feek! 3shan ketha karhtni!"

Musaab laughed so hard: "wsh elli mu3jba feeni, ahda mn ketha, la y3'rk esloubha he ketha m3 kl el3yal, mub ana bs"

Me: "ent 3'bi? Agoul lk ts2lni 3nk!"

Musaab: "ma hgaitk t3’areen hl kthr, elsalfa 9arlha 7oul el 5 sanawat, wsh d3wa?" he smiled,

I didn’t reply. It just didn’t feel right,

Musaab: "6yb ma 3leena mnha, 36enaha akbr mn 7jmha, al7een Urth w wdeenak, ween wdk tt3'deen?"

Me: "mabi wallah ma asht'hi la3t kbdi, brj3 elhotel"

Musaab: "mnjdk?"

Me: "eeh"

Musaab: "z3lana Judy?"

Me: "mub mnk"

Musaab: "bs y3ni z3lana"

Me: "mu z3l, bs 9dg 3krt mzaji Musaab 9dg tst3'flna w k2nna a3'bya2 gdamha!"

Musaab grabbed my hands and kissed them,

Musaab: "3ashani 6yb"

Me: "wsho?"

Musaab: "nt3'ada, wallah t3'yreen jw, etha rj3ti elhotel bt3'theen nfsk zyada"

Me: "okay" I smiled,

Musaab: "6b3n ma tgoul la2 ll akl um krsh!"

Me: "Musaaaab!"

Musaab: "amz7 amz7, wallah el36’eem n7eefa!"

His phone dinged and he checked it,

Musaab: "la 7oul, mstg3da lna hathi?" he laughed,

Me: "wsho?"

He handed me his phone and it was opened on some chat, I checked the ID and it said "Maha AlX."

Maha AlX:
وش دعوة ما تقول ما رح ناكلكم!!
مبروك الخطوبة

I just read the message and did not reply to Musaab. I wanted to scroll up and read their chat so bad, but a part of me prevented me from doing so. My finger was holding the screen so hard,

Musaab: "etha tbeen tgreen elchat egreeh, 54i ra7tk"

I smiled and handed him his phone,

Me: "wsh d3wa, wathga b7beebi"

I saw his lips curving upwards as he looked at me with his eyes sparkling,

Musaab: "tarani mub mt3wd asm3 mnk kalam 7lu wara b36’, wallah at’hwar jals asoug!"

I just laughed,

We went to CUT and had our lunch there. Nothing so important happened later that day…

We were back in Riyadh a month later. Schools start in 20 days, I was going to start my first semester in project management. The girls decided to gather and catch up at Dina's, one of our colleagues, who also happens to be Ali’s sister, who is Esraa’s fiancé.


Halah: "banat mara eshtgt lkum!"

Dina: "wallah ana eshtgt lkum akthar! Wsh d3wa ma ntgabl ella ween w ween!"

Halah: "ella Esraa, 9dg ela5bar el7lwa elli sm3naha?" she looked at Esraa,

Esraa: "ay a5bar?"

Halah: "ena Ali 56bk!"

Esraa: "ah- eeh, bs mafi shay rsmi"

Batool: "9dg! Mabrouk Esraa, fr7t lk jd!"

Esraa: "Allah ybark feek, bs tara ma 9ar shay shfeekom"

Halah: "7ywana 6l3ti m6'b6ta mn warana! W youm agoulk 7lu tgoleen mu 4ak elzoud!"

Dina: "Halah!"

Halah: "na3am?"

Esraa's Point of View:

I wasn't feeling comfortable to the fact that Halah declared my engagement to Ali this loud. How did she even know?

My phone dinged,

Dina:
Marra asfa
Tara ma gltlha!
Bs he jat mn bdri w sm3tni a7aki Ali
W tara gali ena ybi yshoufk
La tsm3een lha, he t7b t7arsh

I smiled,

Esraa:
Wsh d3wa 3adi
Wshloun yshoufni?

Dina:
Bs tmshi Halah awal a7sn

Esraa:
Eeh

Back to Judy's Point of View:

Halah: "w enti Judy? En56bti 97?"

I smiled: "eeh, bl 9eef a3lnna"

Lama: "wld 3mk 9a7?"

Me: "wld 5ali"

Batool: "banat wsh feekum, badri mara 3la elzwaj! Mashallah a7s a3'lbkum 5ala9 bytzwj"

I laughed: "eeh ana b3d ma kan wdi al7een, bs Musaab mara wda, w glna ena bs 56ouba f3adi, nothing more leen at5rj inshallah"

Lama: "aah y3ni mtfgeen, 7lu!"

Me: "eeh"

Lama: "3la bali family traditions w ketha"

I laughed: "la2, a9ln ana elw7eeda elli ma54a mn el3eela"

Batool: "cute! Kntu t7boun b36'?"

Me: "it's a very long story" I laughed, "mn w e7na 93'ar kna grebeen' bs youm kbrna 7baina b36'"

Halah: "cute!"

Lama: "mashallah, Allah y5leekum lb36'"

Dina: "eeh Amen yarab!"

Esraa didn't say a word. I knew there was something wrong with her. I WhatsApped her,

Judy:
Bnt
Shfeek?

Esraa:
W3 w3
Wsh hl lgafa elli feehom!
5leehum klhum 3la jmb w rkzi 3la Halah bellah!
Tlw3 elkbd!

Judy:
HAHAHA ya 7lwhum elli y3'aroon 3la Ali!!
Ma 3leek mnhum
Ma shfti shloun estlmouni as2la?
Slkeelhum enti bs

Esraa:
Ma at7ml ana

Esraa: "Dina 3ndk lash glue?"

Dina: "eeh, tbeen ajeeb lk?"

Esraa: "3adi ana ajeeb, bs ween?

Dina: "b3'rfti foug"

Judy:
Wsh feek
97ti?

Esraa:
La
Bs mazaji elyoum mash
W twni astw3b rmoushi 6ayra ma rkbt'hum zeen
Mt'hawsha m3 Ali w tjeeni hl Halah on time mashallah

Judy:
Ah btshofeena foug?

Esraa:
LOL la
6al3 m3 a5wyah

Esraa's Point of View:

I went upstairs and went directly to Dina's room. I got the lash glue and fixed my lashes then left, I heard a strange voice,

Deep Voice: "Dina?"

It was Ali,

Me: "la2"

He smiled as soon as he saw me,

Ali: "3umri"

Me: "Ali bnzl ll banat, ma agdr a7akeek al7een"

Ali: "eg3di ma3ay shway, la7ga 3leehum"

Me: "ma abi, w a9ln z3lana 3leek"

I stuck my tongue out at him,

Ali: "eeh mu 3ashan ketha abi ara6'eek" he smiled and got closer,

Me: "Ali!"

Ali: "ma r7 asweelk shay!"

I sighed: "mu gltli 6al3 m3 a5wyak?

Ali: "jayb lk shay! Bs dgeega ajeeba mn 3'rfti!"

He gave me his one million dollar smile and ran to his room.


//
Hi guys!
This is the last chapter before our finale. Are you ready? ;)
Share your thoughts with me!

3 comments: