Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Calm Before the Storm: Chapter 2.


Previously:

Me: "wein bnrou7?"

Musaab: "wen tboon? Ana msht'hi Chinese"

Me: "la 5a6ri fburger, Alia enti esh wdk?"

Alia: "burger"

Musaab: "klo tbn brou7 3la kaifi"

Me: "kan r7t bl7alk ajl"

I took my phone out of my purse and found a WhatApp message from Nasser.

Nasser:
97 elnoum

Judy:
97 bdnk galbi

Nasser: 
Mta gmti?

Judy: 
Mn sa3a ymkn

Nasser: 
Oh

Judy: 
By the way, 6l3t m3 my cousins

Nasser: 
Okay

Judy: 
Twni a4kr ams gayli btgouli shay wana bbeet jdti aw bl6reeg

Nasser: 
Ma a4kr

Judy: 
Haw ella gayli hna e6l3 shouf elchat

Nasser: 
Adri bs ma a4kr esh, elzbda

Judy: 
Yes?

Nasser: 
Abi ashoufk bukra, 3shan ymkn asafr b3da

Judy: 
Tsafr ween?

Nasser:
Abu Dhabi

Judy: 
Oh 3nd Basma?

Nasser: 
Eeh, btwld w klna bnrou7 lha

Judy: 
Oh 7yati he, tgoum blslama inshallah, btro7oun 56?

Nasser: 
La bl6yara

Judy: 
Bl salama 7beebi

Nasser: 
Allah yslmk

Judy: 
6yb breakfast date?

Nasser: 
Lunch a7sn?
Mar7 agdr a97a bdri 3la ma amsk 56 leen Riyadh

Judy:

Oh 97, then lunch date it is

Basma is Nasser's married and pregnant sister, she lives in Abu Dhabi with her husband. And oh have I ever mentioned that Nasser lives in Khobar and not Riyadh? I met him 2 years ago when I was in Khobar with my family. Alia and I volunteered in a popular event where Nasser was a volunteer too. We had a WhatsApp group to talk about the organization there, the event was for 3 days in a row, and we used to chit chat sometimes during the event, and he got my number from the group-chat.

We reached the Chinese restaurant Musaab took us to and we had our lunch there, we then roamed around with no destination.

My phone dinged, a WhatsApp message from Esraa, my best friend.

Esraa: 
Ween elnas?

Judy: 
Mwjouda wallah

Esraa:
Let's go out gbl ma t5l9 elejaza

Judy: 
Tbeen bl7alna aw m3 elbnat?

Esraa: 
La la mali 5lghm, abi ana wenti bs 3shan n7ki bra7tna

Judy: 
Okay ajl ween?

Esraa: 
Elyoum 7na wsho?

Judy: 
Twna Sunday, w elmdars next Sunday

Esraa: 
Ajl Monday? Bukra y3ni
Tao?

Judy:
Deal

Esraa: 
T3deen 3lay aw a3di 3leek?

Judy: 
Omg amz7 la bukra magdr
T4krt bshouf Nasser byje Riyadh 3shani, 5leeha elyoum bl leel fa6'ya?
Aw b3d bukra

Esraa: 
6yb elyoum bl leel kwys
5la9 I'll pick you up

Judy: 
Deal

I went offline and locked my phone. About half an hour later, we went to Starbucks to get coffee and Musaab dropped me home.

I started getting ready at 6:20 to avoid being late, I was ready by 6:40. My parents already gave me their approval so I just laid on my bed waiting for Esraa's call.

My phone dinged, a WhatsApp message from Nasser.

Nasser: 
Galbi ana brou7 3nd el3yal w shkli bnam bl dewanya so yimken ma ard bsr3a when I'm there

Judy: 
Ok, ana a9ln 6al3a

Nasser: 
Ween?

Judy: 
With Esraa

Nasser: 
Glt ween mu m3 meen

Judy: 
Bnrou7 Tao, why?

Nasser: 
9ayra t6l3een wajd

Judy: 
Ween elwajd? Bs elyoum t3'dait m3 my cousins w now

Nasser: 
Eeh 97 ma glteeli m3 meen r7ti

Judy: 
Bs Alia w Musaab

Nasser: 
Eeh 97 7mdellah 3la slamta

Judy: 
Wsh 3ndi 9ayr cute m3 Musaab w mt3a6f

Nasser: 
Mb cute 😂
Mu hatha eli tbeena?

Judy:
Eeh t3jbni
Allah ysalmk

Nasser: 
Yallah ana w9lt 7beebti, a7akeek b3dein

Judy: 
Okay

Nasser: 
A7bk gd eldnya

Judy: 
Ana akthar

Nothing important happened later that day,


Musaab and I became so close, so much closer than when he was in the United States. I'm so damn glad he is back. Long distance friendships kill me. Kfaya 3lay Nasser b Khobar.

I met Nasser the day after, and we had our lunch at Lusin.

A week later, I woke up at 6:30 AM and started getting ready for the first day of school after my mid-term vacation. I literally can't believe that I'm only half a semester away from graduating and farewelling school forever.

I finally reached my class and greeted my classmates,

I took my phone out to check if Nasser woke up,

Nasser: 
Good morning beautiful

Judy: 
Morning, r7t eljam3a?

Nasser: 
Eeh, enti?

Judy: 
Eeh
Mdrsa*

Nasser:
Yallah hant klha n9 term w trou7en jam3a w tkbreen 
Ma 3ndk class?

Judy: 
Ella bs elmiss ma b3d d5lt

Nasser: 
Oh

Judy: 
I miss you already :(

Nasser: 
3ndi good news ;;)

Judy: 
Esh?

Nasser: 
Bnji Riyadh this Thursday

Judy:
E7LF

Nasser:
Wallah

Judy:
MA B3'AITO

Nasser:
Jay last week ya bnt

Judy: 
Mara ma 6wlna, you didn't even finish your dish 3shan elr7la

Nasser: 
Shswi b3d 3'9bn 3lay wallah, bs I am making it up to you this time inshallah

Judy: 
Long distance relationships struggles

Nasser: 
Tell me about it

Judy: 
:(

Nasser: 
W trani jayblk gift m3ay mn Dubai

Judy: 
Wallah?

Nasser: 
Wallah

Judy: 
Aww
A7bk

Nasser:
Ana amot feek mu bs a7bk
Bybda my class now, a7akeek b3dein

Judy: 
Okay

I love how a message from him can change my mood. The week was finally over which means I finally get to see Nasser. I've been waiting for so long, this week felt like a whole month and I'm so glad it's finally over.

We met in a cafe he suggested and had dessert, then we went to his car since he is dropping me home. 

Me: "bsr3a emsh ya weeli yshoufni a7d"

Nasser: "m7d byshoufk meen byshoufk y3ni?"

Me: "Musaab!"

Nasser: "5l9t shwar3 eldnya 3shan yji gdam elcafe eli 7na feeh y3ni, ehdi mara7 y9eer shay"

Me: "eeh elcafe eli 7na feeh bl Tahlia y3ni kl a7d feeh hna w ymkn Musaab b3d!"

Nasser: "Judy!"

Me: "syartk m6'lla?"

Nasser: "la, eeh"

Me: "wsho?"

Nasser: "5feef"

Me: "w ma tbeeni a5af?"

He started driving.

Nasser: "el7een bt5afeen b3d?"

Me: "wsh feek m39b 6yb?" I chuckled, "sg went sakt"

Nasser: "mb m39b bs wtrteeni 7ta jayblk hdya madri kef a36eek!"

Me: "97 nsait" I let out a laugh, "wsho elgift?"

Nasser: "shoufeha bnfsk" he smiled.

He turned around to get the Tiffany bag placed in the backseat and handed it to me.

Nasser: "est7at est7at!"

Me: "zg!"

Nasser: "wsho?" his smile was still drawn on his face.

Me: "a7bk" I said in a very low voice.

Nasser: "ya 6'alma 9arlna 7 months m3 b39', 3'eer el 2 years eli a3rfk feehum, ma t3rfeen tgolenha b9ot a3la shway?" he laughed.

I turned red,

Judy: "la w e7md rbk eni glt'ha"

I started to open the box as he stared at me smiling. It was a ring. A promise ring. I smiled silently and wore it on.

There was a small handwritten card,

"I promise that no matter what, we'll make it through. I promise to always love you.

Yours forever, Nasser"

I had goosebumps and my cheeks turned red, I thanked him, lightly hugged him and placed a soft kiss on his right cheek.

I had so much fun that day and promised to never take the ring off. Cheesy, I know. But it just came out of my mouth somehow.

I woke up the next day at about 2 pm. It was Friday, which means family gathering at my grandma's.

I got ready and went downstairs,

Mama: "wsh 3ndi m5l9a bdri?"

Me: "shfti keef"

Mama: "b3dein t3ali enti wsh hl noum klh?"

Me: "madri wallah, lesh ma 97etooni b5rb noumi"

Mama: "mu ra6'ya tgomeen! Goomi elbsi 3batk yallah bnmshi el7ein"

Me: "6yb, Khalid w Faisal jayeen?"

Mama: 'la, ana w enti bs"

Me: "okay"

I quickly got up to wear my Abaya and we went to my grandma's.

I WhatsApped Nasser,

Judy:
Ma gmt?

I waited for his reply but he was offline so I locked my phone,

Me: "ween Musaab ma shfta mn jeet"

Uncle Fahad: "bl 7oush 7beebti"

I went to the backyard to see him, he was sitting on one of the benches texting.

Me: "hi"

Musaab: "ahlan" h
e said it without even looking at me, and in a completely unexcited voice.

Me: "shfeek?"

Musaab: "mafeeni shay"

He still didn't raise his face to look at me.

Me: "la jd Musaab 9ayr shay 97? Shfeek?"

He finally looked at me.

Musaab: "mafi shay agool lk"

He got up and went inside, I followed him.


Saud: "wsh feeh mnafs mn ja?"

Me: "wsh drani"

Saud is my 19 year old cousin, I don't mention him that much because we're not close, and oh there's a picture down below explaining everything. Make sure you see it once you finish reading this chapter.

I went to Alia,

Me: "Alia"

Alia: "hala"

Me: "goumi m3ay please"

Alia: "shfeek?"

Me: "goumi b7akeek"

Alia: "wen nrou7?"

Me: "foug bl 9ala, yallah ant6'rk"

I ran upstairs before her as she followed me.

Alia: "shfeek rw3teeni"

Me: "5ayfa"

Alia: "mn wsho?"


Me: "bdeet ashk en Musaab shafni ams m3 Nasser, a5laga zy elzft m3ay"

Alia: "wsh d3wa shafk, ma t3rfeena moody as fuck, w lw shafk 6'nk kan sakt ll7een?"

Me: "madri ma yrd 3lay w twni r7tla ma na6'rni glt shfeek ygol mafeeni shay b usloub zft, enti galk shay?"

Alia: "tbeen el9dg?"

Me: eeh"

Alia: "7akani 3adi bs ma kan mstans, y3ni 3adi slmt bs kan bard"

Me: "a77 yomk ya Judy!

Alia: "wsh d3wa ymkn twa nfs, rou7i 7akeeh"

Me: "la mabi 5la9, yarabeh twtrt"

Kati: "YALLAH GIRLS LUNCH IS READY!" she shouted,

Alia: "COMING!" she shouted back.

Alia: "yallah nnzl?"

Me: "yallah"

After lunch, I WhatsApped Musaab.

Judy:
Mmkn tfhmni wsh 9ayr?

He was right in-front of me, but I didn't want to talk to him in-front of our family.

Musaab: 
Wala shay

Judy: 
Mumkin nrou7 el7oush ntfaham?

Musaab: 
La mnb fa6'i

Judy: 
Wsh eli mb fa6'i? Jals gdami ma tsawi shay

Musaab: 
Ymkn elsalfa klha eni ma abi ashouf wajhk

I got nervous and started biting my lips. Musaab is never like this, he doesn't get mad easily, and I don't remember doing anything wrong to him.

Judy: 
Tstahbl?

Musaab: 
Wala g6ra

Judy: 
Musaab

Musaab: 
N3m?

By that time, he unlocked his phone and got up.

Musaab: "ana w Judy bnrou7 Baskin Robbins njeeb ice cream, etha tboun shay erslu lna b group el3aila"

He looked down at me,

Musaab: "yallah goumi"

I found myself automatically obeying his order, I had no other choice. I wore my Abaya and followed him to his car. We both hopped in.


//
I hope you guys found the second chapter of my story fun. Please leave your feedback and thoughts down below in the comments, Ask.fm, or Twitter DMs.

And here's the picture:



No comments:

Post a Comment